Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Naturalis INKA - a Postum Cousin, Pretty Good!

Well, it's not Postum's identical twin, but it's close. It's reminiscent. The texture is finer, but the roasty slightly sweet taste is very nice. I knew it was gonna' work for me when I walked by the jar and looked forward to having another cup of Naturalis INKA, after sampling it this morning. I like a hot drink in the late evening, and have been sorely missing Postum this fall. Tea just doesn't do it, and the latte drinks are so high in sugar and fat. I read about INKA on our Postum listserv, and found it online at a health food store in California. It shipped within a few days. Pricey way to accomplish this, but well worth it. It is imported from Poland by Adamba Imports INC, Brooklyn, NY, 11237. You can buy it from them directly, it looks like. It is thinner than Postum, so you need double the amount.
Life is better....

7 comments:

50sgal said...

I found your blog because I was trying to find Postum. I have never got to taste its wonderful flavor. I am living as a 1955 housewife this year as a project and kept seeing ads for it, so I went and asked at my local store. They said they thought they had it, took me to where it used to live in the coffee aisle and found out it was no more. I will have to try this product you reccomend.

Janet Byron said...

Check out my Facebook fan page for Naturalis Inka. We welcome fans of Postum!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/manage/#!/group.php?gid=122472977772860

Chris Sobieniak said...

Still seems pathetic Kraft Foods didn't give in to your demands anyway. Seems like anything they've done in the past five years has since ruined people's expectations of the company and their brands through the discontinuation of several items and the change in ingredients in others. It's sad how it happens at all now.

Mom of Three said...

I stumbled on your post and thought I would suggest Pero as well, my local grocery store (Publix) carries it and it's fairly reasonable $8.99 for 7oz tin. My mom is a long time 4-5 cups a day coffee drinker, about 5 years ago she had issues with severe bleeding ulcers so she can no longer tolerate coffee without severe stomach pain and aggravating her ulcers. She LOVES her coffee and Postum was a great subsitute until is went away and we have been searching for a couple years now for an alternative that she enjoyed, and she LOVES her Pero.

Mom of Three said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret aka: Fact Woman said...

Postum is back this summer!!!!! A couple bought the name and the secret and will have it back on the market summer of 2012!!! http://postum.com/

Tina Mitchell said...

I found a magazine where you can buy postum!!!! YAAY it's called vermontcountrystore.com it's 16.95 LOOVE THIS STUFF :)